Round 21 of English Premier League 2018-19 provided all the materials to excite and incite the football fans all around the globe.Β 

The English Premier League is always arousing, and it was full of twists and turns this week also. The matches saw some bumper results, an outstanding form of a few players, and the usual dose of action and drama. Here are the results and some of the key talking points.


Everton 0-1 Leicester City

Jamie Vardy scored the only goal of the game as Leicester beat a frustrated Everton side 1-0 at Goodison Park in the first Premier League game of 2019. The Toffees, who have not won in their past four home games, drop 11th in the table. Leicester have won three of their past four Premier League matches, one more than in their previous 10 combined.


Arsenal 4-1 Fulham

Arsenal reduced the gap with fourth-placed Chelsea to three points on New Years’ Day with a victory over Fulham. Granit Xhaka put Arsenal in front when he stabbed Alex Iwobi’s cross into the net. Alexandre Lacazette doubled the lead 10 minutes after the break. Aboubakar Kamara gave Fulham hope with a close-range finish at the back post after a Ryan Sessegnon cross. Their optimism did not last long though as Aaron Ramsey came off the bench to add a third for Arsenal. Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang rounded things off with a fortunate finish.


Cardiff City 0-3 Tottenham Hotspur

2018 ended terribly for Tottenham Hotspur, but opening half-hour goals from Harry Kane, Christian Eriksen, and Son Heung-Min meant their new year got off to a roaring start. Spurs cruised to a 3-0 win over Cardiff at the Cardiff City Stadium, their sixth win in seven matches over the crammed holiday period. The victory eased Spurs back above Manchester City into second place and six points adrift of leaders Liverpool.


Wolverhampton Wanderers 0-2 Crystal Palace

Roy Hodgson’s decision to recall Jordan Ayew paid dividends at Molineux on Wednesday as the striker scored in Crystal Palace’s 2-0 win over Wolves. Jordan Ayew put the visitors ahead with seven minutes remaining. Luka Milivojevic then made no mistake from the penalty spot deep into stoppage time after Wilfried Zaha was brought down by Ryan Bennett.


Chelsea 0-1 Southampton

Chelsea and Southampton kicked off their 2019 league campaign with a 0-0 draw at Stamford Bridge, with very few clear-cut chances for either side. Eden Hazard had the best opportunity of the game during the first half, but couldn’t beat Premier League debutant Angus Gunn in the Saints goal. The Blues thought they were ahead in the second half only for Alvaro Morata’s strike to be ruled out for offside as the points were shared at the Bridge.


West Ham United 2-2 Brighton

Marko Arnautovic scored a quick double to rescue a 2-2 draw for West Ham against Brighton on Wednesday in a Premier League game that saw all four goals scored in a 12-minute span in the second half. There were just 125 seconds between Dale Stephen’s opener for Brighton and Shane Duffy putting the Seagulls two goals in front, whilst there were 131 seconds between Marko Arnautovic’s two strikes for West Ham.


Huddersfield 1-2 Burnley

Burnley kicked off 2019 in the best way possible as they beat Huddersfield 2-1 at the John Smith’s Stadium. Ashley Barnes scored the winner for the Clarets in the second half which moved them out of the relegation zone. Huddersfield took the lead through Steve Mounie’s header in the 33rd minute but conceded Chris Wood’s equalizer and had Christopher Schindler sent off within two minutes before half-time.


Newcastle United 0-2 Manchester United

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer maintained his 100 percent record as Manchester United manager after two late goals helped his side to a 2-0 win over Newcastle United. Substitute Romelu Lukaku broke the deadlock after 65 minutes with his first touch of the game, reacting superbly after Newcastle goalkeeper Martin Dubravka had fumbled a free-kick. Lukaku was also involved in the second goal 10 minutes from time as Marcus Rashford produced a clinical finish to seal a fourth straight win under Solsjkaer.


Bournemouth 3-3 Watford

In an exciting encounter at the Vitality Stadium, Troy Deeney opened the scoring in the 14th minute for eighth-placed Watford with a low header into the bottom corner and made it 2-0 from just inside the area in the 27th. The Bournemouth fans did not have long to wait for a reply, with Nathan Ake pulling one back in the 34th and Callum Wilson then equalizing with a header at the near post three minutes later. That was just the beginning, with Ken Sema making it 3-2 to Watford in the 39th and Ryan Fraser again equalizing in the 40th, four goals in the space of six minutes.

Comment below! The best comment is in for a surprise πŸ˜‰