IPL Teams are NOTHING without their Fans. Support & Cheer from Fans help their teams’ comeback from tight situations & turn the match around, especially when Teams play at their Home turf…the Roar of the Fans can be heard from a mile away.
Today we got an opportunity to interview one such Fan, . Paresh is a simple yet stylish lefthander, Cricket Blogger, An avid cricket fan, Biker, A Digital Enthusiast and a die-hard Mumbai Indians Fan. Mumbai Indians has one of the biggest & loyal fan base in IPL for many reasons and we wanted to know his reason, Paresh’s answer was, ‘Sachin Tendulkar “The God of Cricket”, who was born in Mumbai and played for MI. Also, as the name suggests, it has Mumbai, my place of birth and India – my country’.
Like every Mumbai Indian Fan, Paresh has been supporting his Team from Day 1. So, we decided to test his knowledge & take his views on Mumbai Indian’s upcoming important fixture against Kings XI Punjab.
During the short interview, we asked him a set of 15 questions, the following were his views:
1. MI’s chances to qualify for Playoffs?
– While I would want MI to qualify, there are too many Ifs’ and buts’ to be taken into consideration for MI to qualify.
2. Will MI be able to make a comeback in this IPL same as the last couple of seasons?
– Like I mentioned earlier, too many ifs’ and buts’. Even if MI wins comprehensively in the upcoming two matches, it will depend on other teams who are required to either Win or Lose.
3. Expectations on Evin Lewis and Surya Kumar Yadav delivering for MI at the top-order again?
– Evin Lewis is not consistent. Rohit Sharma, being the leader should take the opening slot. Suryakumar is fine.
4. Should MI bring back Pollard in place of Duminy?
– Duminy is not being utilized currently. Pollard is clearly struggling and out of form. Bringing him back is not a wise idea.
5. Chances of Ishan Kishan playing another blistering inning in the middle order?
– Very much possible. These under 19 kids are playing the innings of their lives. Don’t see any reason for him to not deliver the goods. He is in sublime form.
6. Will Mayank Markande prove to be MI’s go to bowler against KXIP?
– He is young to the circuit. Seniors must take the onus.
7. Can Jasprit Bumarah be the main go-to bowler for Rohit Sharma at the death overs?
– Yes. He can be very lethal especially with his Yorkers, provided he finds his line and length and he also has to control his stride that crosses the crease.
8. Is MI too much dependent on Pandya Brothers?
– End of the day, they somehow manage to take the team to the shore more often than not.
9. Can Surya Kumar finish as the highest Run getter of this IPL 2018?
– The lead is getting bigger and bigger. The only chance for him to do so would highly depend on a) MI qualifying for Playoffs and b) Reaching in the finals. He is a class act.
10. Will Rohit Sharma find his form in the crunch situation for his team?
– Am skeptical about it. But you never know, on his day, he is unstoppable.
11. Should MI replace Ben Cutting or give him one more chance?
– Again, Ben Cutting is being underutilized like Duminy. I was surprised as to why he was not asked to bowl in the crucial match against RR.
12. What should be MI’s strategic approach against the Dangerous duo of Chris Gayle and Lokesh Rahul?
– The duo has not been lethal against MI. My advice would be – Do not bowl under the bat and do not bowl too short and wide. Length deliveries and Yorkers will be the need of the hour.
13. If MI wins the Toss, Should they decide to chase against the spin trio of Punjab or MI should choose to bat & defend the total against the strong batting line-up of Punjab?
– Win the Toss, elect to field. That way they will know the target and chase accordingly.
14. MI’s plans against Afghan Sensation Mujeeb UR Rehman?
– Will not be too much of issue to handle him. if the batsmen are not able to him or knock him out of the park, they should not waste the opportunities to rotate strike and steal singles.
15. Will the dew be a deciding factor tomorrow?
– Wankhede, Dew and Day & Night match go hand in hand. Hence, if they win the toss, they should elect to field as it becomes difficult to bowl with the wet ball.
Although Paresh’s answers were specific & direct, we could feel a lot of hope & confidence in his heart for his team, & these are the signs of a true fan, on concluding the interview we had one last question for the dear MI Fan,