Mumbai Indians have emerged as winners against a close match against KXIP, they had to win it given the stakes & are back in the 4th Spot and we’re back with our dear MI Fan, Paresh as promised. Let’s know his views on this cracker of a match:
1. There remain two ways for MI to qualify for Playoffs, either win against DD or hope for the result of other fixtures to be in their favor, being a die-hard fan how would you describe this situation?
– A situation that no fan would like to be. But since there is no choice, we will have to take it with a pinch of salt. Wait for other teams to falter!
2. In each season MI seems to get on track during the final fixtures of the league, how do you feel about this?
– Mumbai Indians team is more like the Indian team. Always makes a backdoor entry. Always keeping the fans on the edge of their seats.
3. Yet another failure for Evin Lewis and Rohit Sharma, would you suggest a change in the batting order?
– The team is expecting a Pollard type comeback from Evin. With just one match remaining for MI before playoff- if they qualify, they will not disturb the opening pair. About Rohit Sharma, he should have stepped up ahead of Ishan Kishan, leading from the front.
4. Since Rohit comes in middle order for MI, can we expect the same for International Matches too, giving Lokesh Rahul an opportunity to open the innings?
– Rohit Sharma should be opening the innings with Lokesh Rahul. Both are extremely explosive.
5. Is MI heavily dependent on Surya Kumar Yadav at the top?
– The expectations would only increase as he has been delivering so far and the top runs getter for MI.
6. Excited on Pollard coming to form & delivering at the right time, will he be able to hold on to this form & assist MI to get their hands on the 4th IPL title?
– Super excited and how. It was the comeback of the old Polly we know. We should take it match by match and take things as they come before creating an air of expectation
7. Your views on Pandya brothers all-round abilities?
– Love them or hate them, you can’t ignore them. Either of them always comes to the party. Yesterday it was the cameo of elder Pandya along with Polly that helped MI with a decent target. Had it not been for Hardik’s outstanding catch of Finch, the results would have been different.
8. How would you rate Jasprit Bumrah’s spell?
– Spell bounding Bumrah! Took Stoinis completely off-guard. Again, proved why is he rated amongst the best bowlers in the death.
9. Mayank Markande seems to have lost his rhythm and opponent batsman seems to read him well now!
– Like I said in the earlier interview, he is very new to the circuit. Needs some time. He will come back. He is too young.
10. Do you believe MI is missing a wrist spinner of Rashid Khan and Mujeeb’s ability?
– If we utilize our existing resource well, we will not miss anyone. There are players we are not just utilizing to the potential, be it batsman or bowlers.
11. Could Ben Cutting be moved up the order or even being underutilized as a bowler?
– Batting order is fine, but he is being underutilized as a bowler.
12. MI’s performance in Wankhede considering their first Home win this season?
– Somehow MIs performance at Wankhede is on the similar lines with team India. They don’t do that well at Wankhede.
13. VIews on Malinga as a coach, could he have played instead of McClenaghan and Cutting?
– No ways. Spare a thought for him. His body is taking a toll on him.
14. Does Sachin’s presence in the dugout make any difference?
– There’s an aura around the Master blaster. By his mere presence on Ground, the motivational level peaks and makes a huge difference as the team would not like to disappoint the God of Cricket!
15. What’re the positives you will take from MI’s win against KXIP by 3 runs?
– Polly’s timely comeback, Bumrah’s spell are the key positives from the nail biting finish.
16. What was the turning point in the game?
– According to me, the turning point was KL Rahul’s wicket. In a nutshell, KL Rahul just gave it away. And then it was Bumrah’s spell towards the end that made a huge difference. Again, the catch from Hardik Pandya of Finch made a huge difference.
After yesterday’s win over KXIP, MI has very high chances to qualify for the playoffs…and Paresh hasn’t held himself back to express his happiness, & why shouldn’t he…winning a Match at Home Turf always brings joy for Fans.
Missed Paresh’s Pre-Match Interview?
Click Here to have a look…