Police in Las Vegas has issued a warrant to obtain the DNA sample of Juventus star, Cristiano Ronaldo, as part of their investigation into the rape allegations made against the Portuguese superstar. 


Las Vegas police reopened the case in October after Kathryn Mayorga filed a lawsuit alleging that the former Real Madrid man raped her in a Las Vegas hotel suite in 2009, and then paid her $375,000 to keep the incident a secret.

According to the Wall Street Journal, the warrant has already been sent to the court system in Italy, as the Police want to contrast Ronaldo’s DNA with that of the remains found on the dress which Ms. Mayorga was wearing that night.

Since the start, Ronaldo has aggressively denied the accusations, which his spokesperson maintained even after the recent developments.

“Mr. Ronaldo has always maintained, as he does today, that what occurred in Las Vegas in 2009 was consensual in nature, so it is not surprising that DNA would be present, nor that the police would make this very standard request as part of their investigation,” said the Portuguese’s lawyer, Peter Christiansen.

Also Read: The complete story of Rape against Ronaldo

The Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department said it was “taking the same steps in this case as in any other sexual assault to facilitate the collection of DNA evidence.”

LVMPD also confirmed the Wall Street Journal’s report, saying: “We can confirm that an official request has been submitted to Italian authorities,” as quoted by BBC.

“Due to this being an ongoing investigation, we have no additional information or comment on this case at this time.”

Juventus, who shelled out £99.2m to secure the player’s services in July, find themselves in a difficult situation amid the ongoing investigation. So far, they have whole-heartedly backed their player, but if the case ends up going south, they run the risk of being affected both on and off the pitch.

The player himself hasn’t offered any comments following the warrant, but the Bianconeri coach, Massimiliano Allegri, insists his key player is calm as ever.

“It’s his personal question, I talk about football,” Allegri told reporters ahead of Juve’s Coppa Italia clash with Bologna, as reported by Goal.

“I can tell you that I saw him very serene, he is training well. It has been a very tight four months, now we need to work to play better in the 36 potential games we have left.”

“I see Cristiano peaceful and calm, I go on that. For the rest, it is not for me to answer because they are private affairs.”

There were also suggestions for Allegri to manage the 33-year-old’s playing time carefully heading into the business end of the season.

“Until now, he has never gone to the national team [while at Juve],” Allegri added.

“The six games that he spared with Portugal he has then played them in the league with us, so he played more or less the same matches last year.”

“As we move forward, I will manage the condition of all in order to try to arrive at the end of all the objectives well. He [Ronaldo] will play on Saturday, but let’s see how and when.”

Cristiano Ronaldo has been in superb form for Juventus this season, scoring 15 goals and providing 8 assists in 24 appearances across all competitions.

Comment below! The best comment is in for a surprise 😉