The 14 member squad of Team India for the ODI series against West Indies have been announced by the BCCI selectors. Let’s see who made the list!
The squad has been picked of Team India for the first two ODI matches against West Indies.
The first ODI against West Indies will be played at Guwahati on 21st October 2018 and the 2nd One Day International match will be played on 24th October 2018 at Visakhapatnam.
• Rishab Pant gets a maiden ODI call-up – After his decent show in the test arena, Rishab Pant has called for the first two ODI matches against West Indies. He is the part of that 14 member squad but will he get a chance in India’s Probable 11? Only time will tell. But the selectors have gone a step further, there are thinking ahead of Dhoni. MS Dhoni can’t finish the games like he used to do in his heydays. That’s where selectors have picked Rishab Pant. The dashing wicketkeeper batsmen from Delhi will have to bat number 6 if he gets a chance.
• Virat Kohli named as the Captain – Kohli’s workload is an issue for India’s plans. The selectors and team management have to address Kohli’s workload. Due to this load, Kohli also missed the Asia Cup in Dubai. But thankfully it did not hurt India. With captaining in the test matches, Kohli will captain India in the 50 over format too. He has been named in the 14 member squad of the ODI team against the Windies.
• Bhuvi and Bumrah rested again – After the hectic schedule of the Asia Cup, India’s premier fast bowlers have rested for the first 2 ODI matches as well. The selectors are not any chances before the all-important Australian tour which start from November 2018. That’s why Bhuvneshwar Kumar and Jasprit Bumrah have been given a rest. They are likely to back in the squad from the 3rd ODI. Khaleel Ahmed, Shardul Thakur, and Mohd Shami have made to the team in the absence of Bhuvi and Bumrah.
• Dinesh Karthik out and Manish Pandey in – Dinesh Karthik has been axed from the ODI squad. He didn’t make to the 14 member squad for the Windies series despite playing some decent knocks. Instead, the selectors have given a chance to Manish Pandey but Pandey hasn’t used the opportunity well. He played for well for India A but in the match against Afghanistan, he ruined his chances. Still, Manish Pandey made it to the 14 member ODI squad.
• Ravindra Jadeja Back in the ODI squad – Ravindra Jadeja adds a lot to the ODI team as he does for the Test team. He is the perfect all-rounder that India needs in their ODI set up. He can bat, he can bowl and he is one of the best fielders that India has in their team. Jadeja has replaced Axar Patel.
India’s 14 member ODI Squad for the first 2 ODI’s vs West Indies –
Virat Kohli (C), Rohit Sharma (VC), Shikhar Dhawan, Ambati Rayudu, Manish Pandey, MS Dhoni (Wk), Rishabh Pant, Ravindra Jadeja, Yuzvendra Chahal, Kuldeep Yadav, Mohammed Shami, Khaleel Ahmed, Shardul Thakur, KL Rahul