This FIFA World cup has been one of the best ever and has never failed to disappoint the fans. Here we look at 5 of the best moments at the FIFA World Cup Russia 2018:
1. Senegal and Japanese fans clean their stand after the match:
This was undoubtedly one of the most iconic moments of the World cup. It was humanity at it’s best and The fans of Senegal and Japan will be remembered for a long time to come for their act. Their teams may or may not progress further in the competition but they showed the world that Humanity comes before everything.
Japan and Senegal fans cleaned up the stadium yesterday after their game 👏 pic.twitter.com/oU1TNJcbaW
— Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport) June 25, 2018
2. Mexico stun World Champions Germany: This was a World cup to forget for the German’s and they didn’t start in a good fashion either. They were beaten by a Mexican team that was much below the standard that Germany had set for itself over the past numerous years. After having most of the possession they were somehow unable to find the back of the net. They were shocked by a swift Mexican attack led by Carlos Vela from the midfield and the Mexicans ended up scoring the only goal of the game.
The South Korean World Cup team beats Germany and wins a new #1 fan…Mexico! pic.twitter.com/Jkc4K2JJlJ
— The Daily Show (@TheDailyShow) June 29, 2018
3. Harry Kane hattrick: England needed an inspiration this World Cup and it has come in the form of their captain Harry Kane. Kane has set the standard high for strikers around the World after his performances over the years and has yet again proven that he is one of the best, if not the best striker in the World currently. After scoring both the goals, in England’s opener against Tunisia out of which the second was a last minute winner, he scored a hattrick against Panama in their second game and showed that this young English side is truly a force to be reckoned with.
— Harry Kane (@HKane) June 24, 2018
4. Ronaldo hattrick against Spain: Cristiano Ronaldo has brought his best game to Russia and in Portugal’s opening game against former champions Spain and showed us all why he is one of the best of all time. He single-handedly carried his team and took them to a three all draw against Portugal. He bears the responsibility of goal scoring for his country at Russia as he has over the past few years and will yet again look to make a mark in the tournament.
— Real Madrid News (@onlyrmcfnews) June 29, 2018
5. South Korea send the Germans packing: Germany had a miserable tournament and needed to win their final match to progress. They were however dealt a heavy blow as the Koreans finally put an end to their misery and sent them packing with two late goals in a game that finished 2-0 at full time. This has to be the biggest shock of the tournament and for the neutrals probably the best moment at Russia 2018.
Dear fans, we feel just as disappointed as you. The World Cup only comes around every four years and we expected so much more from us. We're sorry for not playing like world champions, and as painful as it is, we deserve to be out…
— Germany (@DFB_Team_EN) June 28, 2018